Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Mile!

So I actually didn't have class yesterday, so that's why I didn't post my work-out (I actually just mimicked the last one I posted on Tuesday when I went swimming).

BUT I did something awesome today! I swam a mile (72 lengths or 36 laps). Straight. Without stopping.

Upon exiting the pool I felt full of energy and completely drained at the same time. But overall, I'm feeling awesome today because of it.

So the reason why I even attempted a mile was my little brother wanted us to be a team for BYU's splash and dash. And in order to compete as a team, the swimmer has to go a mile and the runner has to do a 10k run. I'm our swimmer, so I had to be sure I could do it. My goal is to do a 1-mile swim every other day in preparation for the splash and dash. I'm going to try adding in laps where I push myself harder. Today it took me 40 minutes to finish. I'm going to see if I can push that down any farther between now and when it starts (April 6th).

No comments:

Post a Comment