Here's the recipe (just in case it vanishes. It's a recipe too good to lose!)
Dark Chocolate Cheesecake with Chocolate Hazelnut Ganache, Toasted Hazelnuts, & Sea Salt
A rich, decadent cheesecake with dark chocolate topped with a chocolate hazelnut butter ganache, toasted hazelnuts, and sea salt. Chocolate heaven and mind-blowing.
Author: Monique of AmbitiousKitchen.com
Recipe type: Dessert, Cheesecake
- 3/4 cup FAGE Total Greek Yogurt 2%
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 10 ounces (1 1/4 cup) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (use dark cocoa for more intensity)
- 10 ounces 72% dark chocolate, chopped
- 25 chocolate sandwich cookies (Oreos are good)
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Chocolate Hazelnut Ganache:
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) chocolate hazelnut butter (Nutella)
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) heavy cream
- 2 ounces 72% dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt, plus more if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- Place chocolate sandwich cookies and hazelnuts in a food processor and pulse until finely ground; add melted butter and process again until well combined and cookie crumbs resemble wet sand.
- Scrape into prepared pan and use fingers to press into the bottom and up the side of the pan, making sure the crust is even. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes. Place on wire rack to cool. Keep oven temperature.
- Prepare cheesecake filling by placing 10 oz. of chopped chocolate in a double boiler until smooth and creamy. Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- In an electric or stand mixer, beat cream cheese and FAGE Total 2% Greek Yogurt until smooth and fluffy. Add in sugar and cocoa powder and beat again until smooth, then add in eggs and egg yolks; blending until there is a silky consistency. Fold in melted chocolate until well combined.
- Pour chocolate cheesecake filling over the cooled crust and smooth the top with a spatula. Tap a few times to release any air in the batter.
- Bake until center is just set and just appears dry, about 1 hour and 15 minutes, but check at 1 hour. Do not worry if the cheesecake cracks while baking; this will be covered with ganache.
- Cool the cheesecake 10 minutes, then run a knife around the crust to loosen it. Chill the cheesecake a minimum of 4 hours in fridge, although overnight is best.
- To make the Chocolate Hazelnut Ganache:
- In a medium saucepan, heat cream over medium-low heat. Add chocolate hazelnut butter and stir until smooth. Add in 2 ounces of chopped dark chocolate and stir until melted. Pour or drizzle over the center of the chocolate cheesecake and spread to outer edges to help cover any cracks. Top with toasted hazelnuts and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Serve while ganache is warm or place in refrigerator to cool. Cut into 12-16 slices and enjoy!