- 1 (9 inch) prepared shortbread pie crust
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup of chocolate chips (I like gulyard (I think that's how it's spelled...).)
- 1 small packet of orange Jell-o
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Cream together cream cheese, sugar and Jell-o. Add eggs one at time, blending well. Add vanilla and sour cream. Mix in chocolate chips. Pour into shortbread crust.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cake jiggles evenly across the top when lightly shaken. Run a knife around the outside edge, but leave the cake in the pan. Let cool on counter, then place in refrigerator. Remove from pan when completely chilled, and serve.
Notes: The Jell-o and chocolate chips I added were a random idea I got to add to the base recipe, so don't be afraid to be creative with other flavors of jello (or sizes of packets, you might not need all the sugar though if you use a bigger one) or other things to add to the cake. Enjoy!