Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Most Epic 24-hour period

Just too easy. I was walking to my TA meeting and a professor and CS secretary are standing there and the professors says "O here comes the boyfriend!" And quickly retorted "Nope! the TA!" Then the professor starts grumbling as I pass them "Go figure it'd be the TA and not the boyfriend!" Well he made it way too easy for me. I turned around and said "That's not saying I'm unavailable!" The professor busted out laughing and I didn't stick around long enough to see the expression on the secretary's face, but after that spat.


Korean mojo. Okay so a long time ago I went to an activity hosted by the Korean club. I payed the membership fee because I just got back from my mission desperately needing new friends figuring I'd meet new people there and bought a shirt because I needed more T-shirts and I thought it looked cool. Well the club never contacted me. But I still wear the shirt. It gave me 3 extra random conversations today while wearing it. Two former missionaries to Korea just walked up to me speaking Korean and I was just like "I'm sorry I got this at a Korean club activity I don't speak Korean." and there was usually a short conversation that followed. Also a Korean girl I knew stopped me and asked me where I got the shirt.

Demon code. Okay for those of you who are programmers, I've been having the WIERDEST problems with my latest project, virtual memory. It actually completely works. I even fit into the 2-frame club (meaning I can manage memory with only 2 available frames) EXCEPT for the fact that when i run it for the first time with a frame count somewhere above 240 frames, it will always give me butchered ascii characters. (for those of you who don't know what this means, it means you're blowing up memory somewhere and your output will look something like:
���!����N � �I ������� "a���'� ��a�@ a�!�aE� ��� ������ခ������ �d
I ������� "a���'� ��a�@ a�!�aE� ��� ������ခ������ �d
䨨��������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������ess �: Move #3 to xC6EC)

Didn't know your comp could make those symbols huh? So yeah. I decided to get help from my professor. When I talked to him, he said he wanted to see my code with this glint in his eye that said something along the lines of "I know I can totally find and fix this, that's what makes me better, i've dealt with wierd stuff like this my entire life"

So I'm hoping he can help me...

The aftermath. Well it's 10:15 and I really wish I could party right now (I guess I need to eat something I haven't had dinner yet). But I feel pretty accomplished. I even got in some exercise today. It's too bad that it seems like all the people who want to do stuff with you want to do it when you're busiest....

No comments:

Post a Comment